Guardianship Legal Services from Lifetime Achievement Award Winner – Donald D. Vanarelli, Esq.
Legal Guardianships to Protect Your Loved Ones
Injury or illness, whether it comes on suddenly or over a long period of time, can impair a person’s ability to manage his or her own life. If a loved one has become incapacitated, you may need to seek guardianship in order to manage his or her affairs.
In some situations, a guardianship may be needed when no power of attorney was ever signed, or when the power of attorney is limited and prevents you from attaining your goals for your loved one.
Vanarelli & Li, LLC serves the Union County, NJ area to help the elderly, the disabled, and their loved ones effectively plan for the future. Contact Vanarelli & Li, LLC to establish a plan for the future. Call us today at 908-232-7400.
New Jersey Guardianship Legal Services
Guardianship lets you handle the responsibilities that can no longer be shouldered by your loved one. Guardianship of the person allows the appointee to arrange for the health and safety of the ward; while guardianship of the estate lets the appointee take on financial matters on behalf of the ward. You can either seek guardianship personally, or delegate the duties of guardianship to a third party, including Vanarelli & Li, LLC, Esq.
Contact Vanarelli & Li, LLC Today!
NJ Super Lawyer, Donald D. Vanarelli, Esq. can help you with any guardianship matter, whether you are seeking guardianship yourself or you would like to entrust the guardianship of your loved one to an experienced lawyer with a proven track record of dedicated and compassionate client service.
Submit the form on this page or call 908-232-7400 today for immediate legal assistance.
Award-Winning New Jersey Guardianship Lawyer Donald D. Vanarelli, Esq.
Mr. Vanarelli is a recipient of the Marilyn Askin Lifetime Achievement Award from the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Elder and Disability Law Section. The Lifetime Achievement Award, the Elder and Disability Law Section’s highest honor, is bestowed on an attorney with an established history of distinguished service who has made significant contributions in the field of elder and disability law throughout his or her career.Read more about the qualifications of Mr. Donald D. Vanarelli >>
- Recipient, Lifetime Achievement Award, by the NJ State Bar Association, Elder & Disability Law Section
- Certified Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation, accredited by the ABA
- Named to the Super Lawyer list for the years 2007–2016
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, Signifying Professional Excellence
- Lead counsel in In re Keri, a landmark NJ Supreme Court case in which guardians, for the first time, were permitted to engage in public benefits planning to obtain Medicaid eligibility for their wards
- Lead counsel in Saccone v. Police and Firemen’s Retirement System, in which the NJ Supreme Court, for the first time, permitted a special needs trust to be designated as the beneficiary of a state pension
- Co-counsel in Galletta v. Velez, in which a federal court, for the first time, held that VA pension benefits are not countable in determining Medicaid eligibility
- Past Chair, Elder and Disability Law Section, NJ State Bar Association
- Founding Member, Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Founding Member, Council of Advanced Practitioners, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Certified as a National Certified Guardian by the Center for Guardianship Certification
- Selected as a panelist on the Union County Probate Early Settlement Panel
- Approved as a Mediator under the New Jersey Court Rules
- Recognized as an Accredited Professional Mediator
- Former Director, NJ Association of Professional Mediators
- Named to the list of Top Rated NJ Lawyers
- Trained as a Collaborative Law Professional
- Former Social Security Claims Representative for SSI and Medicaid claims
Call 908-232-7400 for immediate assistance with guardianship.
Vanarelli & Li, LLC provides guardianship and elder law services throughout Union County, New Jersey including: Berkeley Heights | Clark | Cranford | Elizabeth | Fanwood | Garwood | Hillside | Kenilworth | Linden | Mountainside | New Providence | Plainfield | Rahway | Roselle | Roselle Park | Scotch Plains | Springfield | Summit | Union Township | Westfield | Winfield