Plainfield, NJ Probate Attorneys Providing Dedicated Legal Assistance in Will Contests and Probate Disputes
You and your family deserve the benefits of experienced, specialized legal representation
Probate is a civil legal process that establishes the validity of person’s will after his or her death. However, probate is not always a smooth process. There may be many reasons for family members of the decedent and other stakeholders to contest the validity of a will.
Award-winning elder law attorney, Donald D. Vanarelli, Esq., can guide you successfully through a will contest or any other type of conflict that arises in the probate process. Our New Jersey probate litigation lawyers have years of experience and will handle your matter with skill, sensitivity and professionalism.
Expert Probate Attorneys Providing Immediate Legal Assistance to Plainfield, New Jersey Residents
Will contests are the most common cause of probate litigation. A will contest can arise for a number of reasons, including:
- The testator in fact revoked the will
- The testator lacked capacity at the time the will was created
- The will was not properly executed
- The testator was coerced into signing the will through fraud or undue influence
If any of these apply in your situation, or someone who stands to gain from the estate of your loved one claims they do, you need legal representation. Get in touch with the probate litigation attorneys at Vanarelli & Li, LLC today. Call 908-232-7400 today for immediate dedicated assistance.
Award-Winning New Jersey Wills & Probate Attorney, Donald D. Vanarelli, Esq.
Mr. Vanarelli is a recipient of the Marilyn Askin Lifetime Achievement Award from the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Elder and Disability Law Section. The Lifetime Achievement Award, the Elder and Disability Law Section’s highest honor, is bestowed on an attorney with an established history of distinguished service who has made significant contributions in the field of elder and disability law throughout his or her career.Read more about the qualifications of Mr. Donald D. Vanarelli >>
- Recipient, Lifetime Achievement Award, by the NJ State Bar Association, Elder & Disability Law Section
- Certified Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation, accredited by the ABA
- Named to the Super Lawyer list for the years 2007–2016
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, Signifying Professional Excellence
- Lead counsel in In re Keri, a landmark NJ Supreme Court case in which guardians, for the first time, were permitted to engage in public benefits planning to obtain Medicaid eligibility for their wards
- Lead counsel in Saccone v. Police and Firemen’s Retirement System, in which the NJ Supreme Court, for the first time, permitted a special needs trust to be designated as the beneficiary of a state pension
- Co-counsel in Galletta v. Velez, in which a federal court, for the first time, held that VA pension benefits are not countable in determining Medicaid eligibility
- Past Chair, Elder and Disability Law Section, NJ State Bar Association
- Founding Member, Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Founding Member, Council of Advanced Practitioners, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Accredited by the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Certified as a National Certified Guardian by the Center for Guardianship Certification
- Selected as a panelist on the Union County Probate Early Settlement Panel
- Approved as a Mediator under the New Jersey Court Rules
- Recognized as an Accredited Professional Mediator
- Former Director, NJ Association of Professional Mediators
- Named to the list of Top Rated NJ Lawyers
- Trained as a Collaborative Law Professional
- Former Social Security Claims Representative for SSI and Medicaid claims
Call 908-232-7400 for immediate assistance with probate and will contests.
Vanarelli & Li, LLC provides elder law services throughout Plainfield NJ (Zip Codes: 07060, 07062, 07063) and Union County, New Jersey including: Berkeley Heights | Clark | Cranford | Elizabeth | Fanwood | Garwood | Hillside | Kenilworth | Linden | Mountainside | New Providence | Rahway | Roselle | Roselle Park | Scotch Plains | Springfield | Summit | Union Township | Westfield | Winfield