Wills Contests and Other Probate Litigation Services from Lifetime Achievement Award Winner – Donald D. Vanarelli, Esq.
Defending or Contesting a Will
After an individual’s death, litigation regarding the decedent’s estate can arise in a variety of contexts. A family member might feel that the decedent’s Last Will and Testament is different from what the decedent had intended to do with his or her estate. The family member might believe that the total amount of the decedent’s estate is much smaller than it should be, and is concerned that the estate was improperly depleted, either prior to or following the decedent’s death. Perhaps you are considering instituting estate litigation, or you are the executor or beneficiary of an estate and are facing being sued by a “disappointed heir.”
Vanarelli & Li, LLC can present a strong defense during a New Jersey will contest, or can challenge the validity of a will if you believe there are reasons to doubt its reliability or legality.
If you’re frustrated with the way an estate is being handled, or wish to defend against a challenge, our office can supply the dedicated and vigorous advocacy required to bring your case to success. To schedule a consultation simply call us at 908-232-7400.
Mismanagement of an Estate
Probate litigation may take many forms. During probate, the will or estate plan may be challenged. Perhaps a fiduciary is mismanaging his or her responsibilities. Challenges are often based on negligence, self-dealing or fraud.
Other issues we have experience working on include:
- Actions against estate fiduciaries
- Claims of abuse of a power of attorney
- Estate accounting challenges
- Trust reformation and litigation
- Joint account lawsuits
After a loved one’s death, conflicts may develop among family members or other beneficiaries regarding the decedent’s will or estate plan. Conflicts may also arise over the way an estate or trust is being handled by the representative (executor, administrator or trustee). Litigation may be required to address a number of other probate issues, such as the reformation of a will or a trust. Whether you are being challenged or wish to bring a challenge, it is important to have the right advocate to represent your interests.
Contact Vanarelli & Li, LLC Today!
As an experienced elder law attorney with a proven track record of dedicated and compassionate client service, NJ Super Lawyer, Donald D. Vanarelli, Esq. can help you with issues related to:
- Will creation: A document containing detailed instructions regarding the distribution of assets
- Durable power of attorney: A document granting to another person the ability to make financial decisions on your behalf
- Living will: A document appointing another person to make specific medical decisions on your behalf, to take effect in the event that you are unable to make or communicate those decisions in the future
- Trusts: A document in which a trustee is given the legal responsibility to manage and distribute property for your benefit or the benefit of a loved one who is the beneficiary of the trust. Trusts are used to ensure money is available for retirement or to care for a disabled loved one.
Submit the form on this page or call 908-232-7400 today for prompt legal assistance.
Award-Winning New Jersey Wills and Probate Litigation Lawyer Donald D. Vanarelli, Esq.
Mr. Vanarelli is a recipient of the Marilyn Askin Lifetime Achievement Award from the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Elder and Disability Law Section. The Lifetime Achievement Award, the Elder and Disability Law Section’s highest honor, is bestowed on an attorney with an established history of distinguished service who has made significant contributions in the field of elder and disability law throughout his or her career.Read more about the qualifications of Mr. Donald D. Vanarelli >>
- Recipient, Lifetime Achievement Award, by the NJ State Bar Association, Elder & Disability Law Section
- Certified Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation, accredited by the ABA
- Named to the Super Lawyer list for the years 2007–2016
- Rated “AV Preeminent” by Martindale-Hubbell, Signifying Professional Excellence
- Lead counsel in In re Keri, a landmark NJ Supreme Court case in which guardians, for the first time, were permitted to engage in public benefits planning to obtain Medicaid eligibility for their wards
- Lead counsel in Saccone v. Police and Firemen’s Retirement System, in which the NJ Supreme Court, for the first time, permitted a special needs trust to be designated as the beneficiary of a state pension
- Co-counsel in Galletta v. Velez, In which a federal court, for the first time, held that VA pension benefits are not countable in determining Medicaid eligibility
- Past Chair, Elder and Disability Law Section, NJ State Bar Association
- Founding Member, Academy of Special Needs Planners
- Founding Member, Council of Advanced Practitioners, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Accredited by the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Certified as a National Certified Guardian by the Center for Guardianship Certification
- Selected as a panelist on the Union County Probate Early Settlement Panel
- Approved as a Mediator under the New Jersey Court Rules
- Recognized as an Accredited Professional Mediator
- Co-founder of the Elder Mediation Center of New Jersey
- Former Director, NJ Association of Professional Mediators
- Named to the list of Top Rated NJ Lawyers
- Trained as a Collaborative Law Professional
- Former Social Security Claims Representative for SSI and Medicaid claims
Call 908-232-7400 for immediate assistance with wills and probate.
Vanarelli & Li, LLC provides estate planning and elder law services throughout Union County, New Jersey including: Berkeley Heights | Clark | Cranford | Elizabeth | Fanwood | Garwood | Hillside | Kenilworth | Linden | Mountainside | New Providence | Plainfield | Rahway | Roselle | Roselle Park | Scotch Plains | Springfield | Summit | Union Township | Westfield | Winfield